2019/2020 South Florida National Black MBA Association (NBMBAA)
Jacki Tuckfield Graduate Business Scholarship Program
Jacki Tuckfield MBA, ’96, GPA (3.97, NSU), aspired to be a CEO of a company dedicated to a policy of
diversity in hiring, promoting and retaining its employees. Reared by parents of different racial heritages.
Jacki perceived diversity as an asset for strengthening the fabric of human relationships.
Applications must be postmarked by May 30, 2019.
The South Florida NBMBAA MBA Jacki Tuckfield Graduate Business Scholarship Program seeks to identify African-American students who will make significant contributions in the field of business both in the public and private sectors in South Florida.* Applicants must be legal residents of Florida, demonstrate academic excellence, leadership potential and be actively involved in their communities through service to others.
This year up to 10 Florida resident students (min. 3.3 GPA) will receive a scholarship award of $1,500.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an African-AmericanS. citizen and resident of South Florida enrolled in a full-time graduate accredited business program (Master or Doctoral) in a college or university in the United States at the time of award (Aug./Sept. 2019).
- Complete the application form.
- Submit an Official Transcript for all college (undergraduate and graduate) coursework. Must be received stamped and sealed (no photocopies, computer printouts or faxed can be accepted).
- Submit a resume (not to exceed 2 pages).
- Provide a professional-looking color photo head shot (head and shoulders), approximately 2” x 2”.
- Plan to pursue a professional career in South Florida*.
- Agree to attend a South Florida NBMBAA scholarship reception or other function.
- Agree to become a member of the South Florida NBMBAA chapter.
ESSAY – Complete an essay (max 750 words) that addresses one of the topics below:
Why I should be awarded the South Florida NBMBAA Jacki Tuckfield Graduate Business Scholarship?
Jacki Tuckfield MBA, ’96, GPA (3.97, NSU), aspired to be a CEO of a company dedicated to a policy of diversity in hiring, promoting and retaining its employees. Reared by parents of different racial heritages. Jacki perceived diversity as an asset for strengthening the fabric of human relationships.
DO NOT include your name anywhere in the essay document. Essays are reviewed “blind.”
2019/2020 So Florida NBMBAA Jacki Tuckfield Graduate Business Scholarship Program
P.O. Box 278872, Miramar, FL 33027
Winners will be notified on/about June 15, 2019. Thank you for your interest and best of luck.
* South Florida includes Broward, Miami-Dade, Collier, Charlotte, Desoto, Glades, Hardee, Hendry, Highlands, Indian River, Lee, Okeechobee, Palm Beach, Manatee, Martin, Monroe, St. Lucie and Sarasota countiesDownload Application